Kevin Barnhardt is a lifelong Berks County resident. Along with his wife of 32 years, Pamela, their family includes son, Christopher, and two grandsons, Bryner and Adyson.
Kevin has thirty years of private industry management experience in sales, marketing, purchasing, and business development.
His thirty years of government experience includes West Reading Borough Council, West Reading Mayor, and six years as County Commissioner.
Kevin is an Honorary 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason, Second Lieutenant Commander of the Scottish Rite Consistory, member of the Valley of Reading Scottish Rite Trust Committee, Past Master of Reading Lodge of Perfection, and Past Master of Saint John's Lodge No. 435 Free and Accepted Masons.
Kevin serves in his capacity as Commissioner on various boards including:
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania: Board of Directors, Chair of the Courts and Corrections Committee, Unemployment Compensation Trust and Resolutions Committee
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Commissioners
- Chair of the Berks County Prison Board
- Chair of the Criminal Justice Advisory Board Steering Committee and member of the General Membership
- MH/DD Advisory Board Member
- Vice-Chair of the BARTA Board
- President of the Albright College Center for Excellence in Local Government
- Crime Alert Board of Directors
- Penn State Advisory Board Member
- Reading Area Transportation Study Committee Member
- Reading Public Museum Board of Directors
- Berks Arts Council Board of Directors
- Greater Reading Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors
- Greater Reading Economic Partnership Board Member
- Reading Main Street Design Committee
- Meals on Wheels and Shopping Volunteer